Firstly, apologies for the lack of a blog last week. But Samius did a fine job of covering for me 🙂
During the week I’ve been running my main TR, Hymm, on Sarlona. He’s taken 15 and will probably be taking 16 soon, so looking at getting the Gianthold flagging missions out of the way.
The twice weekly runs on Orien continue. Monday we ran VoN 1-4 which, regardless of a few hitches with traps, went very nicely. Thursday we reran Deleras Tomb. As my artificer had already run these I switched to my light monk, which made a nice change 🙂
Friday night, my missus was out at her Xmas party, so I logged on by myself, just as one of my guildmates, Aldrac, did. After an initial period of jumping around on the guildship saying ‘Hi’ we noticed Tobril from the Defense Guild was on. A few minutes later we were off looting Sschindylryn chests 🙂 We had some fairly good drops too. Between us, we picked up 5 Seals of House Szind (one of which I’m trying to slot on my arti, Othala), 2 Holy Symbols of Lloth. No tomes though 😦
Samius & Torrance logged on just as we finished up ‘Reclaiming the Rift’, so we all ran the Druids Deep chain. Two reasons for running this 1) Samius wanted the XP/favour for his uber fat halfling wizard 2) still looking for that Wall of Wood shield for Torrance. Well, we got the xp & favour…..
Saturday was another busy day. The whole guild were on or the first time in weeks, so we were busy getting the guys who have been absent for a while raid flagged. I quickly ran eH(?)Wizard King with Samius, then quickly ran eN Offering of Blood (for some reason my monk never flagged for Demon Queen!). Then I jumped in the pre raid being run with the guild. Done 🙂
As something different to do we decided to run eH VoN4 (Haywires Foundry). That was quick and way easier than it is at level on hE!
We also ran them through Gianthold Tor, getting them blooded. Then we 6 manned the raid, with SteinerDavion from the Defense Guild. Nice smooth run, only one seal though.
After breaking for food, we were back and the DG guys were on. We ran through our usual Saturday raid selection:-
- eH VoN 5 & 6 – where I was sooo close to winning the roll on a +4 Dex tome – but Torrance won
- eH ADQ
- eH Chrono. Quite a few shards dropped this run, iirc.
- hH ToD. It’s the first time we’ve run this on hard. Mainly because we’re not running as a full 12 man party. The only real problem we had was part 2. I’m not sure how it happened, but the main party died just as Nythirios was down to a sliver. Tobril did a fine job of demonstrating how to kite the shadows while we got ourselves back up. A few minutes later, part 2 was done. Samius did his dual tanking trick in part 3, sorted.
- hH VoD. Some nice drops from this too. 2 x Vengeful Ptotector, 2 x Full Plate of the Defender, Enlightened Vestments, Gloves of the Glaciar 🙂
- hN HoX. We ran this the ‘normal’ way. Since I was running up and down one side killing beholders & mind flayers for most of the quest, I can only relay what I was told – things got hairy in the middle with the hound a few times 🙂
And my dark monk is now coming close to hitting level 3 of his Shiradi ED 🙂 So a good week.
With any luck, I’ll have another blog up on Monday to cover Sundays events…. depending on how I feel on Monday 🙂
Have fun, see you around!